European Capital of Culture 2020 and Drenova reflect long partnership form bid-book to implementation
What happened in 2017. and 2018.
- You find yourself better – a platform for socializing and exchanging specially designed in the context of the 27 approaches to the neighborhood to be acquainted with the carriers of neighborhood initiatives, initiate neighborhood mobility and the principle of “shadowing” from practice in 2018. Drenova is the most active and present at all meetings and social gatherings.
- Marking European Neighbours Day; (last weekend in May) – the concept of participation proposed by Rijeka 2020 EPK – Program Direction 27 neighborhoods, Sa Drenova has been sent over 100 postcards to various parts of Europe
- Education Program “Interested Party” – Members of the Association actively participated in all offered courses and training;
- European Projects: Drenova is actively involved in the project STEPS – a project of the Council of Europe and the European Union, which includes 5 neighborhoods (Kastav, Drenova, Novi Vinodolski, Cres, Gomirje), which deals with the topic of cultural heritage.
- Network Projects: KineDok Platform – a joint project of seven European film organizations for alternative distribution of creative documentaries. It is maintained at often unhelpful locations suitable for movie projections. The goal of KineDok is to attract a broader audience to the documentary, to present authors and their films to the public, and to develop a dialogue on socially important topics. During the summer months, Drenova will organize a summer movie theater in the yard of the Native Museum for which film rights have already been secured. A cycle of interesting documentaries will be presented with various engagement topics.
- European Neighborhood – Cooperation with Organizations and Associations from Mons, Belgium; It was planned to partnership with Mundaneum project – which was the first idea of gathering the knowledge of all mankind launched at the beginning of the 20th Century (Otlet, La Fontain). Each Mundaneum exhibition follows the thematic activities including conferences, courses, pedagogical and educational activities.
Future – What awaits us in 2019 and 2020
The “Without Boundaries” Association, the Drenova Social Development and Innovation Center (HUB) project, is working to exploit those potentials in settlements that can become the pioneer of development, supply or simply quality leisure.
With the development of the Drenova Cultural HUB Project (the Drenova County Museum, the future Border Museum, new technology research laboratories and autochthonous eco-systems, and the capital international project for the reconstruction of Drenova arboretum), which after the design phase became a technology-market interactive space that preserves and presents heritage, but in parallel performs functions of local small coworking space, place of residence and exchange of ideas and experiments.
The ideas of Drenova associations are grouped according to possible scenarios of development and ultimately imply creating a new space for the community that is expanding not just in the neighborhood of Drenovi, the city of Rijeka, but also creates space for potential European co-operation in several directions:
- Technology, Nature and the Human Body: Study of peripheral vision, a topography of feelings and movements in nature, orientation, and advanced visualization technology;
- Language and Communication: in cooperation with the Kastav neighborhood – learning of artificial intelligence to speak the Chakavian, the problem of preserving missing languages
- Cybernetics, forests and virtual games: Virtual arboretum, nature walk through the enhanced reality through which we gain new information, create elements for different visualizations, meditative nature forms,
- Nature, architecture, technology: temporary objects, virtual arboretum, “paper” architecture – an exhibition of conceptual solutions for the realization of the Arboretum Project;
- Nature, neurology and a new perception of space – through art and art projects, a new paradigm of community and space relations is being set up;
- Knowledge archive – hub idea, the launch of start-up initiatives and entrepreneurial projects, the location of exchange, documentation and archiving of knowledge, transfer of knowledge and mentoring; Particularly significant will be the integration with the Belgian city of Mons.
- Communal forests / Drenometer – hacker initiative, activism and increased visibility of the problem of establishing a space for controlling the disappearance of plant species; or assisting in the regeneration of endangered species – such as dren with the help of modern IoT (Internet of Things) technologies